Permanent Call For Papers
“SERIES. International Journal of TV Serial Narratives” (https://series.unibo.it) is an open-access and peer-reviewed journal, with ISSN, and indexed in major international databases, including SCOPUS. It publishes two issues per year, and it is mainly devoted to television seriality.
It is a joint project by Universitat Politècnica de València (Escola Politècnica Superior de Gandia/DCADHA) and Università di Bologna.
The journal aims at promoting global discussions and interdisciplinary exchanges among scholars engaged in research into TV serial narratives. We encourage methodological innovations and contributions concerning the narrative, technological, economic, social, and cultural impact of television dramas and comedies, web series, telenovelas, and other serial forms.
SERIES encourages submissions of original research articles that cover a large variety of topics, including:
- theoretical and methodological explorations on the nature and value of television seriality;
- taxonomies and analysis of specific formats, styles, linguistic features, and genres;
- cognitive perspectives on narrative structures, characters, and viewer engagement;
- investigations of creative, production, distribution, and marketing issues;
- empirical research on audiences, fandoms, and digital communities;
- social network analysis, big data analysis, and other possible frameworks and models;
- comparative studies on a transnational and/or transmedia basis;
- investigations of stylistic elements, temporality, narrative, and character design;
- historical approaches to seriality across different media;
- peculiar case histories (authors, subgenres, countries, production companies, etc.).
Articles should range between 5,000–8,000 words (including abstract, notes, and references). Full guidelines can be found on our website.
Only manuscripts of sufficient quality that meet the aims and scope of SERIES will be reviewed.
There are no fees payable to submit or publish in this journal.
If you have any questions, please contact the journal at firstname.lastname@example.org.